Association Members: $450
*Application fee is non-refundable.
**Non-members may join at the time the application is submitted and be subject to the
What if I do not meet the eligibility requirements to interview, but have paid the
- Your application fee, less a $150 processing fee, will be refunded ONLY if a candidate
fails to meet the eligibility requirements or meet the portfolio requirements to proceed to the interview phase.
- A candidate may apply again within a three-year period and pay the current
application fee less the $150 processing fee.
- After three years, the full fee will have to be resubmitted.
Rescheduling and Cancellation Fees
A $100 fee will be charged if, after registering, a candidate cancels or reschedules less than
four weeks before the interview date. These fees apply
each time a candidate reschedules or cancels.
Annual Maintenance Fees
Association Members: $200 annually
Non-Members: $350 annually
- ALEP’s that earn the designation will not be charged a maintenance fee for the year in
which it was earned.
- The ALEP certification cycle is from January 1-December 31
- To maintain accreditation, the maintenance fee must be paid in full by December 31st of
the preceding year.
At the end of the three-year certification period, ALEP designation holders must submit a
renewal application, showing the required CEU’s earned each year, in accordance with the
CEU policy. No additional fee is required at renewal as long as the annual maintenance fee
has remained current.
Inactive Status Reinstatement
Reinstatement fee: $250
Should an ALEP become inactive in accordance with the provisions authorized by the ALEP Commission, and then wish to become reinstated, a fee must be paid at the time of reinstatement. This will cover the processing fee to reactivate. The ALEP will then need to pay the current year’s dues which will cover through December 31 of the year that the reinstatement is granted by the Commission.